LIVE VIDEO: Live Newscast    Watch
 

Forecast: Sunny & Hot Sunday; Developing Late Day Storms

11:54 PM, May 18, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

High pressure anchored across north florida will keep a weak pressure gradient across the area with a light southeast flow.  This will result in high temperatures in the upper 80's and low 90's with a chance of storms developing along the seabreeze after 2pm. 

Expect a 30% - 40% chance of storms through Friday. On Friday, a weak cold front will move into the area pulling in slightly drier air.  This will drop our rain chances down to 20-30 percent.

 

Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Monday Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Monday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Northeast wind around 8 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tuesday Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. East southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. East southeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. East southeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Chance of precipitation is 30%.