Tampa, Florida - Try It team member Yvonne Bradley-Reid loves the taste of smoked chicken, so when she heard about the Savu Smoker Bags which claims to give your meat that smokey flavor, she knew that she wanted to give them a try.
These bags use all-natural hickory and alder wood chips and were developed in Finland. Each 3-ply bag contains your choice of alder or hickory wood chips that are sealed between two layers of foil and held in place by natural wood syrups.
Yvonne placed some chicken and vegetables in the bag and sealed it. Within a few minutes she could smell the wonderful smokey scent coming from her oven. As time passed Yvonne became concerned that the smokey smell would take over her home, so she opened her sliding glass doors.
When the oven timer went off, Yvonne opened up the smoker bag. The chicken was cooked to satisfaction and the smell coming from the bag was wonderful.
Unfortunately, our Try It team member was not impressed when she took a bite of her chicken. None of that smoke flavor had transferred to the meat. The chicken was cooked properly, but had a very plain taste.
Because of the smell inside her house and the lack of smokey flavor in her chicken, Yvonne gave these smoker bags a thumbs down.
• Quick and easy, no turning of the food or the bag.
• Complete meals in one bag.
• Holds up to 2 1/2 lbs.
• Bags are made of foil and contain natural Finnish Alder wood chips or Hickory wood chips, hardwood syrup and sugar and uses no chemicals or glue.
• Low fat cooking.
• Keeps oven and grill clean.
• Safe and easy cooking on public picnic & campsite barbecues.
• No added salts or seasoning needed.
• They can also be used on top of your stovetop or in a skillet
• Each smoker bag package includes usage instructions, cooking chart and recipes