A Floridian gets assistance with the health care exchange site on Oct. 3.
Tampa, Florida -- For those of you who need help enrolling in affordable health care coverage, the City of Tampa will be hosting several "super" enrollment events throughout the city beginning March 1.
"With over 90,000 citizens of Tampa without healthcare, this is an economic and a quality of life issue for our friends, neighbors, and family members. All of us pay when an uninsured person walks into an emergency room with a chronic illness that could have been treated earlier and cheaper," said Mayor Bob Buckhorn. "We all benefit when our community is healthier."
Super Enrollment Weekend Events
Residents interested in affordable health care options are encouraged to walk in. At each "super" enrollment event, more than 10 navigators will be on hand in each recreation center, and are expected to sign up all who attend.
Residents are encouraged to bring Social Security numbers; Birth dates; Pay stubs, W-2 forms; Policy numbers for any current health insurance; Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your employer.
- Saturday, March 1, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Hunt Center at Al Lopez Park, 4810 N. Himes Ave
- Saturday, March 8, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Jackson Heights Center, 3310 E Lake Ave
- Wednesday, March 12, 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Hunt Center at Al Lopez Park, 4810 N. Himes Ave
- Saturday, March 15, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Springhill Center, 1000 E Eskimo
- Sunday, March 16, 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Springhill Center, 1000 E Eskimo
- Saturday, March 22, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Port Tampa Center, 4702 W McCoy St
- Saturday, March 29, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Hunt Center at Al Lopez Park, 4810 N. Himes Ave
No appointment is necessary.
On-Going Weekday Availability
Navigators will continue to be available from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on select dates during the week through the enrollment deadline of March 31, 2014.
- Springhill Center, 1000 E Eskimo - Mondays
- Loretta Ingraham Center, 1615 N Hubert Ave - Tuesdays
- Jackson Heights Center, 3310 E Lake Ave - Tuesdays
- Hunt Center at Al Lopez Park, 4810 N. Himes Ave - Wednesdays
- Gwen Miller Center, 6410 N 32nd St - Wednesdays
- Cyrus Greene Center, 2101 E Dr. MLK Jr Blvd - Thursdays
- Forest Hills Center, 724 W 109th Ave - Thursdays
- Port Tampa Center, 4702 W McCoy St - Thursdays
- Copeland Park Center, 11001 N 15th St - Fridays
These 9 centers were chosen because they are the busiest centers in the City of Tampa. Note: Residents do not need to have a Rec Card to visit with a navigator at these centers. For more information, call (813) 422-4917.
For more information about the Affordable Care Act and to view a list of other places to get covered, please visit healthcare.gov. You can also visit 10 News' Healthcare 411 section for answers to viewer questions and the latest news on the Affordable Care Act.
You may also like...
Underwater Secret: Hidden caves beneath Weeki Wachee
Rollercoaster Rescue: 16 stranded after ride malfunction
Car Crash tragedy: USF students killed in interstate wrong-way crash
Hungry Sinkhole: Hole opens beneath Corvette museum, swallows 8 cars
Be my McValentine: Romantic reservations at McDonald's
Card Game Murder: Man sentenced for Magic: The Gathering killing
Treason? Secret Service visits candidate who says Obama should hang
Sasquatch on Tour: "Dead Bigfoot" on display in Texas
Here kitty, kitty: Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
#ShortYellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here