Wesley Chapel, Florida -- Newly released documents in the Wesley Chapel Movie theater shooting are shedding more light on what happened in January.
In audio recordings, Curtis Reeves said he was in fear of the man he shot -- Chad Oulson.
And, for the first time, we are seeing the gun.
The Pasco County Clerk's office posted several documents and interviews from after the shooting with Curtis Reeves, Reeves' wife Vivian, and Nicole Oulson, the widow of man who died in the shooting.
If you would like to view more information connected to this case, visit the Clerk's website at: www.pascoclerk.com/.
The shooting took place at Grove 16 Theaters in Wesley Chapel January 13. Authorities said Reeves became upset when Chad Oulson was texting during movie previews.
It was later learned that Oulson was texting his daughter's babysitter. Witnesses said they didn't see Oulson hit Reeves, but some saw popcorn flying toward him.
"This happened so damn fast," Reeves told Detective Allen Proctor in one of the recordings.
Reeves' wife, Vivian, also told detectives that Oulson used expletives, but didn't make any threats. She said he stood up and turned around, leaning over toward Reeves.
During a long law enforcement career with Tampa Police, Reeves "never shot anybody," his wife said. "He's never threatened anybody with a gun."
- PHOTOS: Shooting suspect taken into custody
- Movie theater gunman ID'd as former TPD captain
- Neighbor: Theater shooting victim a family man
- Victim Support: Chad Oulson Memorial Fund
- Witnesses: Victim threw popcorn bag at suspect
- Dad shot in theater adamant about texting daughter
- GUNS: Why are they allowed where signs forbid them?
- Deputies: Alleged movie theater shooter's gun jammed
- Popcorn defense: Can accused movie shooter use Stand Your Ground?
- 10 Investigates: History of accused movie theater shooter
- Woman describes disturbing run-in with alleged shooter
- Wife of movie theater shooting victim speaks publicly for 1st time
- WATCH: Nicole Oulson's complete statement
- Bond Hearing: Judge allows theater shooting video in courtroom
- The View: Widow discusses shooting on talk show, The View
- NO BOND: Judge denies Reeves bond in theater shooting
You may also like...
Underwater Secret: Hidden caves beneath Weeki Wachee
Rollercoaster Rescue: 16 stranded after ride malfunction
Car Crash tragedy: USF students killed in interstate wrong-way crash
Hungry Sinkhole: Hole opens beneath Corvette museum, swallows 8 cars
Be my McValentine: Romantic reservations at McDonald's
Card Game Murder: Man sentenced for Magic: The Gathering killing
Treason? Secret Service visits candidate who says Obama should hang
Sasquatch on Tour: "Dead Bigfoot" on display in Texas
Here kitty, kitty: Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
#ShortYellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here