Christie reiterates: No role in lane closures

8:02 PM, Feb 3, 2014   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

 


 


TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - Gov. Chris Christie says he may have heard about traffic tie-ups in Fort Lee while they were going on last September, but it didn't register with him as a major issue if he did.

He says a news report several days after the lanes were reopened got his attention and he asked staffers to look into it. The report indicated that the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey did not authorize the lane closings.

Christie says in a radio interview that before then anything he heard seemed like another story about a traffic tie-up.

It was the first time he has spoken publicly about the scandal since a former ally suggested last week that Christie knew about the closures while they were going on.


(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Most Watched Videos