Facebook photo shows Chad and Nicole Oulson, victims of the Wesley Chapel movie theater shooting
Tampa, Florida-- Nicole Oulson has shared her side of how things went down during a movie theater outing that tragically ended her husband's life, and changed her's forever.
STORY: Widow discusses shooting on talk show, The View
The Oulsons were the victims of the Wesley Chapel Grove 16 movie theater shooting, where former Tampa Police Captain, 71-year-old Curtis Reeves, allegedly fired his gun at the couple during a dispute over texting- injuring Nicole and killing Chad.
STORY: Dad shot in theater adamant about texting daughter
In an effort to help Nicole and her young daughter during this tragic time, the law firm representing her, McIntyre, Panzarella, Thanasides, set up the Chad Oulson Memorial fund for donations.
Close family members and friends have also scheduled several fundraising events to support the family. Event details are as follows:
- February 8: World of Beer in Land o Lakes will host a 'Remembering Chad Oulson' night with live music, a raffle and an auction. According to the event on Facebook, they will donate $1 for every draft purchased between 7:00 p.m. and midnight. Event details also mention the nearby Moe's Southwest Grill will donate 25 percent of their sales that same day.
- February 9: Over 400 riders will ride in Chad's honor from the Sky Powersports dealership at 10:00 a.m. There is no registration fee; they only ask for a donation for the family.
In recent weeks, East Bay Raceway Park donated all gate fees collected during a motocross day fundraiser held in Chad's honor; Sky Powersports contributed all proceeds from a car wash held in Port Richey and Texas Roadhouse in Wesley Chapel gave a percentage of sales collected during dinner hours on February 3.
Other fundraising events and details can be found on the "Chad Oulson Memorial Fund" Facebook page.
- PHOTOS: Shooting suspect taken into custody
- Movie theater gunman ID'd as former TPD captain
- Neighbor: Theater shooting victim a family man
- Victim Support: Chad Oulson Memorial Fund
- Witnesses: Victim threw popcorn bag at suspect
- Dad shot in theater adamant about texting daughter
- GUNS: Why are they allowed where signs forbid them?
- Deputies: Alleged movie theater shooter's gun jammed
- Popcorn defense: Can accused movie shooter use Stand Your Ground?
- 10 Investigates: History of accused movie theater shooter
- Woman describes disturbing run-in with alleged shooter
- Wife of movie theater shooting victim speaks publicly for 1st time
- WATCH: Nicole Oulson's complete statement
- Bond Hearing: Judge allows theater shooting video in courtroom
-THE VIEW: Widow discusses shooting on talk show, The View
- NO BOND: Judge denies Reeves bond in theater shooting