Tampa, Florida -- Hillsborough County has funds immediately available to assist low-income residents with payments of delinquent electric bills through its Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Low-income households may qualify if they meet the following criteria:
- Have a total household gross income below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Reside in Hillsborough County
- Are a U.S. Citizen, qualified alien or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Have a recent past due or final notice energy bill
Additional requirements may be necessary for eligibility determination. Applicants will be informed of these requirements at the time of application.
How To Apply
Applicants will need to bring the following information with them to one of the five Neighborhood Service Centers listed below:
- Proof of income for all household members for the last 90 days. This proof can be a pay check stub, employer letter, public assistance check, Supplementary Security Income check, unemployment check or a pension check stub.
- Proof of home energy obligation or electric bill
- Picture identification
- Proof of Hillsborough County residency, such as: valid driver's license with current address, a letter from your landlord or mortgage company, voter's registration card, etc.
- Birth Certificate for anyone under 18
- Social Security cards for all household members
Neighborhood Service Centers Locations and Phone Numbers
- Lee Davis Neighborhood Service Center, 3402 N. 22nd St. in Tampa, 813-272-5220
- Plant City Neighborhood Service Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave. in Plant City, 813-757-3871
- Ruskin (SouthShore) Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE in Ruskin, 813-671-7647
- University Community Resource Center, 13605 N. 22nd St. in Tampa, 813-975-2153
- West Tampa Neighborhood Service Center, 2103 N. Rome Ave. in Tampa, 813-272-5074
Hillsborough County's Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally-funded program offered by the Department of Family and Aging Services. For more information, contact one of the above neighborhood service centers or 813-272-6770.
You may also like...
Weird Florida: A look back at some of the strangest stories of the year
Miracle Baby: Tampa toddler has 5-organ transplant
Broke Bad: Contest winner busted in synthetic drug ring
Here kitty, kitty: Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
Fake Cop: Man arrested 3 times for impersonating officer
Animal tragedy: Girl's miniature horse attacked by dogs
#ShortYellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here