Tampa, Florida -- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital has expanded the Steinbrenner Children's Emergency/ Trauma Center.
The new facility features 24 private patient rooms and a kids-only lobby specifically designed to provide comfort, distraction and entertainment to children and families. Other highlights of the expanded Emergency/Trauma Center include:
- Two trauma suites with advanced critical care equipment designed exclusively for pediatric patients and in-room digital imaging
- Six 'fast track' rooms to treat patients with minor emergencies
- In-room entertainment system featuring movies, educational games and more
- An interactive fish pond in the flooring, bubble towers and other kid-friendly decorations in the lobby
- Child Life Specialists to help kids understand and cope emotionally with the medical experience and provide developmentally appropriate distraction activities during treatment
- Child Advocates to deliver education and safety items to families
- Other support systems including social workers, volunteers, pet therapy and more
- Neonatal/pediatric transport team available to provide expedited transportation from other area hospital.