St. Petersburg, Florida -- The Tampa Bay Rays, in partnership with Fortress US, have announced they've expanded their Burst Pass program for the 2013 season.
The Burst Pass is a stored value card that serves as a season ticket holder I.D. card and provides season ticket holders with a 12 percent cash bonus for every dollar loaded onto their card.
New features to the Burst Pass this year include:
* Ability to make purchases at any concessions or merchandise stand (including portables) at Tropicana Field
* Option to use the Burst Pass as a ticket for all home games
* Every 5th time a season ticket holder uses their Burst Pass as their game ticket, they will automatically receive a voucher for a free hot dog, soda or popcorn on their Burst Pass card. In addition, they can be automatically entered to win prizes awarded daily through the use of their Burst Pass.
* Access to special promotions and discounts throughout the season.
* Funds loaded onto the card get the exclusive 12% cash bonus and never expire. Additional rewards are available for card usage through Burst Pass VIP Awards where fans can qualify to win a $100 gift certificate to the Rays Authentics Gameday Memorabilia store and other unique prizes.
"We're excited to give our season ticket holders even more reasons to use their Burst Pass this year," said Rays Senior Vice President of Development and Business Affairs Michael Kalt. "Our season ticket holders receive tremendous added value by using their Burst Pass cards while we are able to better understand their needs and provide them with the highest level of service."
When the Rays created the Burst Pass program in 2012, they became the first team in Major League Baseball to offer a stored value program via the Fortress platform.
Tampa Bay Rays