(USA TODAY) -- Music and sex. They go together like peas and carrots, butter and bread -- you get the idea. Music paves the way from the dance floor to the bedroom. But just what do people play during sex? Music-streaming service Spotify found out.
A "Science Behind the Song" study of 2,000 people in the U.K. between the ages of 18 and 91, conducted by London music psychologist Daniel Mullensiefen, revealed the top 20 songs to play for just about every sexual innuendo. There are the top 20 songs for a romantic dinner: No surprise that Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On topped that list. For a spin around the dance floor that will hopefully lead to the horizontal rumba, Abba's Dancing Queen, Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger and Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire are on that VIP list.
And in case you're not getting any, there are the top 20 songs considered "better than sex." Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was the preferred bedfellow for those lonely nights, while Bruce Springsteen's Born In the USA and Born to Run brought up the rear.
The top 20 songs that people listen to during sex:
1. Dirty Dancing soundtrack
2. Marvin Gaye, Sexual Healing
3. Ravel, Bolero
4. Berlin, Take My Breath Away
5. Barry White (anything from his collection)
6. Marvin Gaye, Let's Get It On
7. Righteous Brothers, Unchained Melody
8. Celine Dion, Titanic soundtrack / My Heart Will Go On
9. Serge Gainsbourg, Je T`aime
10. Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You
11. Aerosmith, I Don`t Want to Miss A Thing
12. Kings of Leon, Sex On Fire
13. Rodgers & Hammerstein, Sound of Music
14. Tchaikovsky, 1812 Overture
15. Grease soundtrack
16. Donna Summer, I Feel Love
17. Boyz II Men, I'll Make Love to You
18. Abba, Mama Mia
19. Tom Jones, Sex Bomb
20. Star Wars soundtrack