Tampa, FL -- A family home set on fire this morning after a small trash fire, initially lit to keep bugs away, wasn't properly put out.
Tampa Fire Rescue crews responded to the home, located on the 3000 block of 48th St., at 8:25 a.m.
Fortunately, the fire was only limited to the front corner of the home, and crews were able to quickly contain and extinguish it, reports say.
The residents reportedly thought they extinguished the trash fire, but it was still smoldering when they left the home. The fire started after they left, so no one was injured.
Preliminary reports say the fire caused approximately $1,000 worth of damage to the home.