A weird one from Maine, where school officials say a 13-year-old girl suffered first- and second-degree burns when her iPhone caught fire in her pants, reports WMTW.
The trouble began when the girl sat down, heard a popping sound from the back pocket where her phone was located, and noticed smoke, reports the Bangor Daily News.
The girl's friends asked boys to step outside as she ditched her pants, and a teacher brought a blanket. She was later treated and released from the hospital.
So what happened? Fire officials in Kennebunk are investigating, but one speculates to Seacoast Online that the phone's battery "shorted out" when the girl sat down.
"People should obviously use caution when placing their phones in their back pockets so as not to crush them and cause an electrical short," one official says. (There's no official word from Apple after the report.)
"I've never seen anything like that," says the principal, who credits the girl with a "stop, drop, and roll" move when the incident happened.
You may also like...
Arrrrrr! Pirates invade Tampa for Gasparilla
Treason? Secret Service visits candidate who says Obama should hang
Mystery House: Unsuspecting house holds a hidden secret
Abuse Arrest: Hog-hunting mom leaves kids in freezing car
Seeking Sasquatch: Bigfoot sightings abound in Colorado
Cyclist stuck in windshield: "Hi, I'm the guy you hit"
Miracle Baby: Tampa toddler has 5-organ transplant
Here kitty, kitty: Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
#ShortYellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here