NH baby hospitalized for burns after falling into hot washing machine

7:51 AM, Jul 12, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

 


 


(CBS News) A 5-month-old boy from New Hampshire is recovering from burns to 90 percent of his body after falling into a washing machine.

The infant, who Manchester police identified as Shea Giampetruzzi, was rushed to Catholic Medical Center and then flown to Massachusetts General Hospital Tuesday night to be treated for the burns. He is expected to be transferred Shriners Hospital for Children, which specializes in pediatric burn care.

Police said that the washing machine was set to hot when the baby had been placed on a diaper changing area adjacent to the laundry machines.

The boy's mother said she turned her back for a second and he accidentally fell into the water, fire officials told CBS Boston.

A preliminary investigation suggests the infant's injuries were the result of an accident.

His condition was not immediately known.

© 2012 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.

 

Most Watched Videos