Fort Myers, Florida (News-Press) -- Officials say a squirrel is responsible for a brush fire that that destroyed a residence in Buckingham.
The fire occurred Tuesday afternoon near Orange River Boulevard and River Grove Lane.
Capt. Chris Rennie with Tice Fire-Rescue said the squirrel was on a power line, somehow caught fire and fell to the ground, which ignited the brush and spread to the residence.
The home was destroyed. The five-acre fire was contained Tuesday.
WINK News reported that the home belonged to Bob Calvert, a pastor at SonShine Worship Center off Palm Beach Boulevard.
"Coming out of the house you couldn't see anything in front of your face, the smoke was so thick," said Calvert told WINK News.
There were no reported injuries to the occupants of the residence, but a firefighter was hospitalized due to smoke inhalation while fighting the blaze.