Tampa Bay, Florida -- Just in time for spring break, TripAdvisor announces its 2013 Traveler's Choice Beaches Awards and five beaches in the Tampa Bay area made the Top 25.
Here is the breakdown of the Tampa area beaches:
- Siesta Key Public Beach in Sarasota came in at number 2.
- Fort De Soto Park is 4th.
- Caladesi Island State Park in Dunedin is number 12.
- Pass-a-Grille in St. Pete Beach is not far behind at 15.
- Clearwater Beach came in at number 18
Below is the list of Top 25 beaches in the U.S.:
1. Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
2. Siesta Key Public Beach, Sarasota, Florida
3. Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola, Florida
4. Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde, Florida
5. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Hawaii
7. Assateague Beach, Assateague Island, Virginia
8. La Jolla Cove, La Jolla, California
9. Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach, California
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Hawaii
11. St. Andrews State Park, Panama City, Florida
12. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin, Florida
13. Poipu Beach Park, Poipu, Hawaii
14. Hunting Island State Park, Beaufort, South Carolina
15. Pass-a-Grille, Saint Pete Beach, Florida
16. Manini'owali Beach (Kua Bay)-Kailua-Kona, HI
17. Wai'anapanapa State Park, Hana, Hawaii
18. Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida
19. Ogunquit Beach, Ogunquit, Maine
20. Race Point Beach, Provincetown, Massachusetts
21. Hanalei Beach, Hanalei, Hawaii
22. Pensacola Beach, Pensacola, Florida
23. Canaveral National Seashore, Titusville, Florida
24. Sunset Beach, Cape May, New Jersey
25. Crane Beach, Ipswich, Massachusetts