According to the Daily Beast: Two sources who know Tiger Woods's wife, Elin Nordegren have corroborated a minute-by-minute account that answers the majority of the questions surrounding what might be the most expensive car crash in history.
- Just before Tiger's affair with Rachel Uchitel was reported in the National Enquirer, he put Uchitel on the phone with his wife for a half-hour, so she could convince Elin the relationship was platonic.
- Elin confirmed her lingering suspicions about Tiger's affair with Uchitel by impersonating her husband in text messages with Uchitel, prompting the rage that led to Woods fleeing his house.
- Tiger had taken the sedative Ambien that night, and was in a stupor when Elin woke him following her sting operation on Uchitel.
- After his wife's wakeup, Tiger sent Uchitel a panicky text warning her that Elin had discovered the affair and implying that divorce was imminent. Elin quickly found this text as well, which precipitated her chasing him out of the house with a golf club.
- Tiger did not immediately return home when he was released from the hospital, likely explaining why Elin did not accede to much-publicized requests from visiting police officers to chat with Woods.
Read the entire report from the Daily Beast here, with details on what Elin said in her text messages to Tiger Woods' girlfriend.
Poll: Cheating men, would you take him back?
Sex addiction: Is it real? Join a live discussion
The Daily Beast