When you think of Lee Roy Selmon's, you think of mouth watering, soul satisfying, comfort food.
Executive Chef Dave Del Rio has taken some of Mama Selmon's original recipes and brought them into today's world. From mouth watering ribs to the barbequed salmon, you will truly enjoy this local favorite and its family feel.
Whether you're looking for a great place to watch the big game, or just hang out with good friends, Selmon's will satisfy your hunger.
Go to the Lee Roy Selmon's web site for locations near you:
Check out some of Lee Roy Selmon's recipes.
* 2 Lbs Potatoes
* 1 Lbs New or Red Potato
* 4oz Butter
* 4oz Diced ham or bacon
* 1½ tsp Kosher salt
* 4oz Shredded cheese
* 1 Cup Sour cream
* Dash of Hot sauce
1. Rinse the potatoes and remove any eyes or imperfections. Cut them into roughly 2 inch chunks, but do not peel them. This adds to the texture and the flavor.
2. Dice the ham or bacon into small pieces, and have the rest of the ingredients measured and ready.
3. Boil or steam the potatoes with the skin on.
4. In a sauté pan, sauté the ham in the butter until hot.
5. Drain the hot potato chunks and immediately add the salt, pepper, cheese and sour cream plus a dash of hot sauce.
6. Add the cooked ham and butter.
7. Smash the mixture with a potato masher or large sturdy spoon just until combined.
8. The mixture should be chunky, but mixed. Don't over-mix the potatoes as these are smashed not whipped or mashed.
LEE ROY SELMON'S MEATLOAF:
* 2T Butter
* 2ea. Garlic cloves/minced
* ½ C. Diced onion
* ½ C. Diced green pepper
* ½ C. Diced Celery
* 2lbs. Ground Beef - lean 80/20 mix
* 1lb. Ground Pork or 1lb. Ground Veal
* 1 Cup Dry bread crumb
* 2ea. Eggs
* 1t. Salt
* ½ C. Tomato sauce
* ½ C. BBQ Sauce
1. Heat skillet over medium high heat, add butter and sauté onion, peppers, celery and garlic until soft. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine meat and remaining ingredients.
3. Add cooled sautéed vegetables. Mix until just incorporated.
4. Firmly press meat mixture into pan to shape, removing air pockets.
5. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and drain juices.
7. Cut and serve immediately OR to serve Selmon's style; follow instructions below:
* Cool entire meatloaf.
* When completely cold, slice into 2 to 3 inch slices. On a well oiled BBQ grate, grill on both sides over medium heat until hot and grill marks are achieved on one side. Baste with BBQ sauce and serve immediately!
Makes approx 6 servings
This is one of most requested side items at Lee Roy Selmon's. I believe its popularity lies in its simplicity and blending of familiar flavors and ingredients. The hot sauce gives the dish a little spark to balance the sweetness.
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 -17 oz can of cream style corn
* 1 -17 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
* 4 oz ( ½ cup) melted butter (Plus a little for the casserole dish)
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* Pinch of salt
* 1 or 2 Tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
* 1- 8.5 oz package Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1. Butter a 2 qt casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
3. Sprinkle the Jiffy mix over the combined ingredients and fold in with a spatula. Do not beat the mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Allow casserole to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Bert Moreno, 10 Connects News