(goHART.com) - New service enhancements rolling out November 17th significantly enhance night and weekend service.
"We are pleased to be able to provide the community a balanced budget which has a planned increase of service hours to our riders," said Jeff Seward, HART Chief Financial Officer. "That includes new late night, midday, and weekend service on some of our key routes. All of that was achieved through strong fiscal stewardship yielding over $1.2 million of savings."
No rerouting or route adjustments had to be made, and current service levels were all maintained while HART concentrates on innovative ways to further increase ridership and provide additional enhancements.
Summary of Service Changes:
- New Late Night Service: Routes 2, 6 and 30 will run until midnight on Saturday and Sunday.
- New Weekend Service: Route 14 and 57 will operate on Saturday. Route 37 will operate on Sunday.
- Schedule Improvements: Earlier service on Route 2 weekdays. Route 6 will run more frequently midday during the week. Route 5 service extended by two hours on weekends and until midnight on weekdays.
- The last weekday trips on Route 2, 6 and 12 will end at Marion Transit Center.
- Route 4 and 47LX will have a small schedule adjustment.
Throughout the year, HART planners assess route productivity and update bus routes every spring, summer and fall based on improving safety and efficiency, ridership demands and trends, and customer feedback. Routes were picked based upon demonstrated ridership and input via the Customer Service database.
Meanwhile, all of these enhancements come at no extra cost to taxpayers and HART customers because of HART's commitment to saving money without compromising service.
New route schedules will be available on or before November 6, 2013, at www.goHART.org, on board buses, HART Customer Service Centers or by mail.
For general information about HART, visit www.goHART.org