Tampa, Florida-- The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department wants to give cash in exchange for any unwanted guns this weekend.
According to officials, anyone can head to any of the five designated locations to swap out guns and receive $75 and a Tampa Bay "Fan Pack", which includes ticket vouchers for a Lightning and Rays game for each gun.
Swappers are also guaranteed anonymity, and a "no questions asked" standpoint from deputies.
Any firearm will be accepted, aside from BB guns, pellet guns or paint ball guns.
Officials suggest swappers to transport the firearms in a box or bag in the trunk of a vehicle. They must also be unloaded, though unwanted ammunition will be accepted for destruction as well.
Officials also advise those participating to leave the firearms in the car upon arrival. A deputy will take any guns from there.
All event details are as follows:
- Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013
- Time: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Five locations:
- Sheriff's Operations Center- 2008 E. 8th Avenue
- Closed Sunoco Station- 13501 N. Nebraska Avenue
- IGA Grocery Store- 14720 E. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Sheriff's Town 'N Country Substation- 7519 W. Waters Avenue
- Sheriff's Progress Village Substation- 7935 Flower Avenue