Hillsborough County, Florida - If want to register to receive toys for your children through The United States Marine Corp Toys For Tots program in Hillsborough County, you need to act quickly because the deadline to register ends in just a few days.
Registration is underway right now but ends on Tuesday, November 23.
- Proof of child's age/must be age 12 and under
- Current 2010 AFDC/Food Stamps or Letter of Medicaid/Public Assistance DCF/ESS eligibility
- Kid Care/Health Kids
- All children must live in Hillsborough County
Things to remember:
- Proof of child's age may be provided by the birth certificate or school record.
- Family members or representative picking up toys must bring ID that matches information given at the time of registration.
- Pickup will be at a designated site and time. No exceptions will be made.
Click here for more information. You will need to go to the Hillsborough County page and click on "Request Toys."
Organizers say the program was created to give families support during the holidays by providing a limited amount of gifts to eligible children. They say the program is intended to supplement the gifts provided by parents and family members and isn't intended to be the only source of gifts.
The amount of toys given to each family may vary depending on anticipated demand or availability.
Sign up information including the names and addresses of program recipients will be shared with Metropolitan Ministries and The Salvation Army.
By submitting your personal information and requesting the benefits of the Toys for Tots program, you are agreeing to allow the Toys for Tots program to share your information with these agencies.
Tammie Fields, 10 News