Seffner, Florida-- Detectives from Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and the Tampa Police Department currently investigate two separate vehicle burglaries in the Bay area.
They hope to identify the male driver of the silver Mazda 3 Hatchback used in the thefts, and the female suspect who attempted to use a check and personal identification taken in one of the burglaries.
On August 22, the white, male suspect driving the silver Mazda 3 Hatchback reportedly took a purse, cell phone and laptop from Tara Pitts'car after she walked into the Words of His Grace Christian Academic Center to pick up her children.
On August 27, officials say an unknown, white, male, also driving a silver Mazda 3 Hatchback, smashed the passenger window of Denisha Lane's car and stole her purse while she was at the Walgreen's at the corner of Westshore Ave. and Gandy Blvd.
One day later, on August 28, the white, female suspect driving a maroon Chevy Impala attempted to cash one of Lane's stolen checks using Pitts' stolen debit and identification card at the Suncoast Credit Union off of 22nd St. and Hillsborough Ave.
Officials provided the following suspect descriptions:
- Suspect 1: White Male, 5'8" - 5'11", 180 lbs, Medium Build, Short Brown Hair. Last seen wearing White t-shirt and black shorts.
- Vehicle 1: Silver Mazda 3 4-Door Hatchback
- Suspect 2: White Female, Early 20's, Medium Build, Medium length brown hair. Last seen wearing dark framed prescription-style glasses and a white t-shirt.
- Vehicle 2: Late model maroon Chevrolet Impala.
Anyone with any information reference the suspects is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 247-8200.
Anyone interested in reporting suspect information anonymously for a cash reward may contact Crime Stoppers:
- Call 1-800-873-TIPS (8477)
- Visit online at www.crimestopperstb.com
- Text "CSTB plus your tip" to C-R-I-M-E-S (274637)