Lakeland Police Chief Lisa Womack
Lakeland, Florida -- Lisa Womack is officially done with her position as Lakeland's police chief.
Lakeland City Manager Doug Thomas announced Friday evening that Police Chief Lisa Womack and the City of Lakeland have agreed to accelerate her planned separation from the City from May 1, 2014 to Feb. 17, 2014.
Chief Womack previously tendered her resignation on Jan. 24, with an effective date of May 1, 2014. The City says that period was intended to give the it time to prepare for her transition from the department, as well as for her to provide support to the City on a number of ongoing personnel and other administrative matters involving the police department.
Womack was placed on paid administrative leave on Jan. 30 following receipt of a report alleging concerns involving various hiring practices of the police department.
Related: Interviews released in Lakeland Chief's suspension
More: Lakeland mayor reacts to latest LPD developments
Assistant Chief Larry Giddens was subsequently appointed as Acting Chief of Police.
See More: Interim Lakeland police chief under investigation
Related: City manager knew interim police chief was being investigated
Under the terms of the agreement, Womack will continue to be available to provide support services to the City as needed through May 1, 2014, but she will do so as an independent consultant. As such, effective Feb. 17, Womack no longer holds the title of Chief of Police.
As an independent consultant, the City says she will be paid $5,800 every two weeks which includes her professional services, associated taxes as an independent contractor and the costs of benefits that she would have otherwise received should she have remained a City employee through May 1, 2014.
The City says the scope of services Womack will provide are as follows:
* Assist in providing information that may be required in support of defense of any administrative matters.
* Provide advice, support and information in any collective bargaining matters, and/or any other legal or administrative proceedings regarding employee investigations and related disciplinary matters arising out of the Lakeland Police Department during her tenure as Chief of Police. These services include, but are not limited to:
* Assistance in preparing requested background materials and briefings for City administration and legal counsel;
* Participation in discussions concerning labor and legal strategies;
* Assistance in grievance processing; depositions and providing testimony as may be required.
* Be available upon request to address departmental operational questions from City personnel as may be needed to assist in the orderly administration of the Lakeland Police Department.
* Participate in any internal investigations that may require her testimony through May 1, 2014 or beyond, if required.
In the event that additional administrative support services may be required by the City Manager beyond May 1, 2014, Womack has agreed to be available to the extent reasonably possible on an hourly rate.
Recent Lakeland PD stories:
You may also like...
Underwater Secret: Hidden caves beneath Weeki Wachee
Rollercoaster Rescue: 16 stranded after ride malfunction
Car Crash tragedy: USF students killed in interstate wrong-way crash
Hungry Sinkhole: Hole opens beneath Corvette museum, swallows 8 cars
Be my McValentine: Romantic reservations at McDonald's
Card Game Murder: Man sentenced for Magic: The Gathering killing
Treason? Secret Service visits candidate who says Obama should hang
Sasquatch on Tour: "Dead Bigfoot" on display in Texas
Here kitty, kitty: Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
#ShortYellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here