Florida -- Homeless shelters will open on Wednesday, January 22, starting at 6 p.m.
The shelters accept guests all night long and close the following morning around 6 a.m. Shelter guests are provided a hot meal, a place to sleep and breakfast in the morning.
- Clearwater -- Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church, 110 S. Ft. Harrison Avenue, Clearwater, Phone: 442-3677
- Clearwater -- St. Cecelia Catholic Church, 820 Jasmine Way Clearwater, Church Phone: 447-3494
- Pinellas Park -- Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast in Pinellas Park, 7790 61st Street North, Pinellas Park,Phone: 574-5437
- St. Petersburg -- Northwest Presbyterian Church, 6330 54th Ave. North. St. Petersburg, Church Phone: 544-4551
- Salvation Army, 1400 4th Street South, St. Petersburg, Phone: 822-4954
- The Turning Point, 1810 5th Ave. North, St Petersburg, Phones: 823-7811
- Tarpon Springs -- St Timothy's Lutheran Church, 812 E. Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
For families with children, they will be placed in motels on cold nights. Families should call Sarah Snyder at (727) 424-1355 or Cliff Smith at (727) 698-1809 to make arrangements.
- Community Congregational Church, 6533 Circle Drive, New Port Richey, Call: 727-597-0428
- The Holy Ground Shelter, 8835 Denton Avenue, Hudson, Call 716-228-1004
In addition, Windmoor Healthcare is offering free cab service to anyone in need of a lift to the various cold weather shelters in Pasco once the temperature falls below 40oF. To utilize this free service, please call Windmoor Healthcare at 727-548-5733.
- Sarasota -- Salvation Army - Center of Hope,
1400 Tenth St., Sarasota, FL 34236
- Venice -- Grace United Methodist Church, 400
East Field Ave., Venice, FL 34285, will open at 5 p.m.
- Englewood -- St. David's Episcopal Church, 401
South Broadway, Englewood, FL 34223, will open at 6 p.m.
- North Port -- New Hope Community Church, 5600
South Biscayne Dr., North Port, FL 34287, will open at 7 p.m.
- Men's Shelters -- 1090 Mondon Hill Road, Brooksville, Call (352) 799-2912 ext. 103
- Women's Shelters -- 1163 Howell Avenue, Brooksville, Call (352) 799-2912 ext. 109
If transportation is needed to a cold weather shelter, you may utilize a free transportation service by calling Windmoor Healthcare at 727-548-5733.