Tampa, Florida -- Tampa Fire Rescue investigated a small fire in the auditorium of Chamberlain High School on Dec. 19.
On Thursday, Tampa Fire Rescue was alerted to a possible fire at the high school. Upon arrival, they found the school had been evacuated and there was a burning odor coming from the ceiling of the auditorium.
While performing a thorough investigation, firefighters found the origin of the odor to be a small smoldering fire in the ceiling's tile. The cause of the fire has been ruled electrical malfunction.
Students were out of class for approximately 20 minutes while firefighters investigated the odor. All students have since returned to class. There were no injuries reported.
Check out some of our most read stories from 2013:
#shortyellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Terrorism Warning: Memo says terrorists practicing dry-runs on Florida flights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Courtroom apology: Woman apologizes for flipping off judge
Weird ice: Strange, giant circles appear on frozen pond
Controversial Club: College student organizes "White Student Union"
CFO Trouble: School administrative chief in trouble over her porn sex blog
Warning Shot Wife: Mother gets 20 years for firing warning shots at abusive husband
Science Arrest: Teen girl arrested over science project explosion
Wait, WHAT?? Dog shoots man in the leg with a handgun
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here