2-year-old Johnathan Moore falls into pit with heated coals at camp

7:25 AM, Sep 16, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

 


 


ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A 2-year-old boy is in the intensive care unit after falling into a pit with some heated coals at KOA Campground on 95th Street in St. Petersburg.

According to investigators, Johnathan Moore was riding a scooter in a patio area near the fire pit when he lost his balance and fell into the coals.

The sheriff's office says he sustained first and second degree burns to his back, left arm, and left leg. He was taken to the hospital ICU for treatment and is in stable condition.

The family was reportedly staying at the campground to celebrate Johnathan's 2nd birthday.

Detectives say the incident appears to be accidental.

Contributing: Associated Press

Most Watched Videos