Tampa, Florida -- It's still one of the hottest tickets but you could get to see the smash hit musical Wicked for just $25 when it returns to the Straz Center for the Performing Arts for three weeks.
Each day of show, from Jan. 9-27, a lottery will be held at the Straz Center box office for a limited number of $25 seats for that day's show.
Here how the lottery works:
- Those interested in the lottery can enter their name into the lottery drum at the Wicked table near the box office beginning 2-and-a-half hours before show time. No entries will be accepted before that time.
- Entries will be accepted for half an hour--until two hours before show time. At that time, names will be drawn for a limited number of seats at $25 each (cash only.)
- The lottery is available only in-person at the ticket office.
- Each person can only enter one and is limited to two tickets. You must be present for the entry and drawing to win.
- You must have a valid photo ID when entering the lottery and purchasing tickets.
Performances of Wicked are Tuesday-Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday at 8:00 p.m., Saturday at 2:00 and 8:00 p.m. and Sunday at 1:00 and 6:30 p.m.. There will also be matinee performances on Jan. 10 & 24 at 2:00 p.m. (No performance on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 2:00 p.m.)
Wicked is based on the best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire and tells the story of the witches of Oz, long before Dorothy dropped in. One, born with emerald green skin, is fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and popular. The unlikely friends grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.
For ticket information, call (813) 229-STAR (7827) or click on www.strazcenter.org.