LIVE VIDEO: Live Newscast RIGHT NOW    Watch
 

Neighbors help save woman, child in Clearwater house fire

2:16 PM, Dec 19, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

 


 


Clearwater, Florida -- Thanks to alert neighbors a woman was able to get herself and her child out of their home that caught fire Wednesday morning.

Clearwater Fire says the 53-year-old woman was awakened by neighbors telling her smoke was coming from the roof of her duplex on Madison Avenue North. She was able to get herself and her 3-year-old son out of the home in time and waited for fire rescue crews at a neighbor's home.

It took firefighters 10 minutes to get the fire under control who were able to contain it to the rear unit. The front unit did sustain minor smoke damage.

Crews say the cause of the fire came from a water heater. Damages are estimated at $17,000 and the home has been deemed unlivable.

The Red Cross was called in to help the displaced family.

Most Watched Videos