Hillsborough County, Florida -- Hillsborough County Public Schools has been named one of six Florida school districts to get more than $66 million from the U.S. Department of Education.
Florida's six districts were among 35 chosen from across the country to receive the 2012 Teacher Incentive Fund grants that will pay for increased salaries and training for educators who work in high-poverty schools.
Of the $66 million awarded, Hillsborough County Schools will get about $16.8 million.
Florida's winners of the 2012 Teacher Incentive Fund grants are listed below along with their award amounts:
- Broward County Public Schools - $18.1 million
- Gilchrist County Public Schools - $3.9 million
- Hillsborough County Public Schools - $16.8 million
- Lee County Public Schools - $17.6 million
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools - $2.5 million
- Orange County Public Schools (STEM Focus) - $7.4 million