Lady Gaga arrives at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday at the Barclays Center.
(Photo: Scott Gries, Invision/AP)
(USA TODAY) -- Lady Gaga's new single Do What U Want, featuring R. Kelly, was
released at midnight. In the hours before the new song arrived, Lady
Gaga did what she wanted - addressing some of the badmouthing that's
been done about her of late.
In a series of tweets,
she used all caps to right the charge made against her. And then she
made her own comment, often using her theme of "doing what you want" as
• "MADONNA HATES GAGA SHES OVER ... i dont need anybodys permission to be remembered. I will be. Whether they like it or not"
• "APPLAUSE didn't DEBUT AT #1! KATY IS BETTER THAN HER! ... I write for the music not the charts"
• "GOD HATES LADY GAGA! ... ill always fight for equality, got my own relationship with God"
• "LADY GAGA IS ON DRUGS! HER CAREER IS OVER! (been an addict for 10years) #WriteWhatUWant My recovery is a daily battle"
• "LADY GAGA IS A HERMAPHRODITE! ... #DoWhatUWantWithMyBody"
• "LADY GAGA IS A REDUCTIVE MADONNA COPY! SHE'S OVER NOW! #WriteWhatUWant #SayWhatUWantBoutMe #ImNotSorry"
• "LADY GAGA IS FAT NOW! #DoWhatUWantWithMyBody"
She also released the "official" cover for Do What U Want, and it has nothing to do with moss and everything to do with a Miley-Nicki-esque shot of Gaga's backside in a thong.