Everyone's been talking about Miley Cyrus except Miley Cyrus.
Since she's adopted her twerking dance style, perhaps even as far back as when she cut all her Hannah Montana locks off, shaved the sides of head and went blond, musings have been rampant. While she hasn't gone totally radio silent, she's left the mystery hanging: Why is she acting like this?
She does part of the interview while she gets "Rolling Stone" tattooed on the bottom of her feet. She also goes skydiving for the first time.
A few highlights:
- Stephen Baldwin has a tattoo of Hannah Montana ('HM') on his shoulder. He's a big fan.
- One of her neighbors, Steve Carell, is not really a fan. "He always gives me the stank-eye because I drive so fast," she says.
- On her MTV VMA performance: "No one is talking about the man behind the (derriere). It was a lot of 'Miley twerks on Robin Thicke,' but never, 'Robin Thicke grinds up on Miley.' They're only talking about the one that bent over. So obviously there's a double standard."
- On criticism that her performance was racist because her backup dancers are black: "I don't keep my producers or dancers around 'cause it makes me look cool," she says. "Those aren't my 'accessories.' They're my homies."
-The tears she shed during her Wrecking Ball video were real. Her dog had just died.
- On Justin Bieber's antics: "But I do mentor him in a way. Because I've been doing this (expletive) for a long time, and I already transitioned, and I don't think he's quite done it yet."
- She went skydiving for the first time and the first person she called was her mom. "One thing about sky diving," she says, "you really know who you love, based on who you call." She almost forgot to call Liam. They broke up two weeks after the interview.
- About that tongue: Now people expect me to come out and twerk with my tongue out all the time. I'll probably never do that (expletive) again."