Photo credit: AP | FILE - In this May 29, 2013, rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson attends the "After Earth" premiere at the Ziegfeld Theatre, in New York. Jackson has been charged with attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her Los Angeles condo last month. City Attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday, July 3, 2013, the 37-year-old "In da Club" singer is charged with domestic violence and vandalism. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Rapper 50 Cent denies allegations he attacked his ex-girlfriend and trashed her condo.
The In da Club singer's lawyer says there's no warrant outstanding on the domestic violence and vandalism charges against 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson.
See also: 50 cent charged with violence against ex-girlfriend
If convicted, he faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
The woman told police that during a June 23 argument, Jackson began destroying property at her condo before she locked herself into a bedroom. She says Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
Police estimated about $7,100 in damage to the home.
The woman told police she had been in a three-year relationship and has a baby with Jackson.
His arraignment is July 22.
The rapper has referenced drug dealing and violence in many songs and is known for having survived nine gunshots in an attempted assassination.