Universal Orlando 2012 Holidays Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Universal Orlando 2012 Holidays Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to U.S. residents of the State of Florida who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of WTSP-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Universal Orlando, Universal City Development Partners, LTD and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, contractors, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Monday, December 3, 2012 and end at 7:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Friday, December 7, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Each weekday (Monday - Friday) during WTSP's "The 10 News Show" program airing from 5:00 a.m. (E.T.) to 7:00 am (E.T.), Sponsor will announce a specified telephone number for viewers to call for a chance to win one of the Second Prizes or the Grand Prize. . Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries.
4. Winner Selection. The 10th caller received in response to Sponsor's solicitation for a Grand Prize Winner during "The 10 News Program", on one (1) randomly selected weekday (Monday through Friday) during the Sweepstakes Period, will become the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility. The 10th caller received in response to Sponsor's solicitation for a Second Prize Winner during "The 10 News Program" weekdays (Monday through Friday) during the Sweepstakes Period will become one of the 4 Second Prize Winners, subject to verification of eligibility.
5. Prizes and odds:
A. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a package for four (4) to Universal Orlando that includes the following:
- 1. Hotel accommodations room and tax only, for up to four (4) people in a maximum of one (1) room at a hotel selected by UO for one (1) night. Hotel accommodations do not include meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip.
- 2. Four (4) Preferred Annual Passes valid for admission to Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure theme parks. Annual Passes are activated on first day of use and are valid for one (1) year from that date.
- 3. Four (4) theater tickets to see Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort.
(Dates & times subject to availability).
- 4. One (1) Universal Orlando Resort general parking pass valid through January 31, 2013
(ARV of Grand Prize: $1,262.46)
The Grand Prize Winner must complete travel by January 31, 2013 or forfeit Grand Prize. Costs of meals, beverages, transportation, gratuities, taxes (other than hotel room tax), tips, telephone calls, personal expenses, incidentals, and all other expenses not specified above as part of Grand Prize package are not included and are the sole responsibility of winner. Grand Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. A Grand Prize winner under 21 years of age, at the time of travel, must be accompanied by at least one individual who is at least 21 years of age or older. Winner travel arrangements must be made a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to winner travel and are subject to availability. Hotel stay, theme park, and hard ticket dates may not be changed after scheduling, acceptance, and confirmation by Universal Orlando. All elements of each Grand Prize package must be used, redeemed, fulfilled, booked and/or confirmed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted. If any winner is unable to fulfill any portion of the prize during the time period specified, such winner forfeits the entire prize package. Grand Prize winner and guests must travel at the same time.
B. Second Prizes. Four (4) Secondary Prize winners will each receive Four (4) 1-Day/2-park Universal Orlando tickets valid for admission to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks valid through January 31, 2013 and one (1) Universal Orlando Resort general parking pass valid through January 31, 2013
(ARV of each Second Prize: $507.00).
Applicable to all Winners: All tickets are valid during normal Universal Orlando operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. Universal Orlando reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. All tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed "hard ticket" entertainment events at either of the theme parks or within any of the University CityWalk venues.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize or Second Prizes depend on the number of eligible callers received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Grand Prize winner and each Second prize winner will be notified that they have won by telephone at the time and date they are selected and identified as the winners. Winner must pick up their prizes at WTSP-TV's business office, located at 11450 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg Florida 33702, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.), by Thursday, January 31, 2013. Winners will receive prize certificate vouchers with instructions to contact and coordinate the prizes directly with Universal Studios Orlando. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Grand Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by any winner. Prizes and individual components of the Grand Prize and secondary prize are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners (the Grand Prize Winner and each Second Prize winner) will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. .
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. . The Universal Orlando 2012 Holidays Sweepstakes is sponsored by WTSP. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors relating to the Sweepstakes Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after December 7, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit WTSP.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), WTSP-TV Universal Orlando 2012 Holidays Sweepstakes, 11450 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg, Florida 33702. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Brandon Thompson at WTSP-TV at (727) 577-8291 or by e-mail at email@example.com